When technology was not developed, padlocks were the most used locks because of their compactness, convenience, and security, and were widely used. Padlocks are the oldest and largest family in the world of locks. It can be said that other locks bred and derive from the category of padlocks. The lock body of the padlock is equipped with a ring-shaped or “one”-shaped metal stem that can be buckled, that is, a “lock beam”, so that the padlock is directly buckled with the lock body through the lock beam to form a closed lock. Next, I will introduce the classification of padlocks.
1. According to the unlocking method
(1) Top-opening padlock: refers to the key in the lower part of the lock, and the lock beam (lock hook) is pushed out after unlocking;
(2) Open the padlock straight;
(3) Open the padlock horizontally;
(4) Beam padlock (also known as giant padlock);
(5) Password padlocks: Because the padlocks opened with keys have a high mutual opening rate, especially the smaller padlocks, the high mutual opening rate is not suitable. Therefore, the password padlock was developed. Its characteristics: up to 10,000 kinds of passwords.
2. Classified by material
(1) Stainless steel padlock: This type of padlock is characterized by relatively strong oxidation resistance and is suitable for outdoor use, but due to the difficulty of processing and high cost, it is less used in China;
(2) Copper padlock: The main material of the lock is copper, and the more commonly used copper padlocks are mainly small copper padlocks, that is, the size below 40mm, mainly because the price of copper is relatively high;
(3) Iron padlock: It is very common;
①Plating iron padlock: watch;
②Gray iron padlock: the surface is treated with gray paint, after which there are many colorful padlocks, all of which belong to this category;
③Imitation copper padlock: In fact, it is an electroplated iron padlock, which means the surface is plated with copper;
(4) Zinc alloy padlock: This type of padlock is integrally formed by a die-casting machine with high precision.
According to the unlocking method and material classification, padlocks can be divided into the above types, I hope it will be helpful to everyone! If you want to know more information about padlocks, please pay attention to us!